- “For me, abstract art can have a powerful organic
and spiritual presence.”
Cynthia Ligeros is inspired by the vibrant, ever-changing urban landscapes surrounding us, contrasted against the unique and pristine beauty of the natural world.
She approaches each painting with a single driving emotion. In the beginning, she creates an under-painting that allows the discovery of naturally organic forms on the canvas. Through an artistic dialogue with the painting, she composes and unifies the organic forms, until a completed abstract painting develops, inspired by the cycles, emotions, and equilibrium of our ever-changing environment.
This layering technique mirrors the larger theme of her work: the hard edges of our structured world contrasted against the organic contours of the natural world. On a metaphorical level, the art of Cynthia Ligeros explores the idea of the deeper subconscious self unifying with the higher self, to make us whole.Creator Of
- Physical ArtworkSpeciality
- Abstracts in Oil And AcrylicPreferred Medium
- AcrylicEducation / Training
- Rocky Mountain College of Art Favorite Art Style
- AbstractInterests / Fun Facts
- I also paint tile murals for kitchens and bathroomsYears of Experience